Project 1: Object Experience Video
We produce an audiovisual interpretation of the interaction process of the results of the previous course "Object Experiences". Based on the specific functions of the selected object and the associated interactions, we create an audiovisual experience.
Schedule / Organization
Choose an "Object Experience" (according to the results of the previous workshop)
- Research the tonal dimensions of the object and / or the interaction
- Experiment with the sonority of the objects and their formal and other sensual properties
- Use an "audio moodboard" to collect sounds and arrange them to work together
- Use time based graphs to plan for when you want to use what sound. eg:
!! At this point: only think about the interaction with the object and communication between object and user(s). Neglect storytelling and the visual part of the next step for now. !!
Produce a short video (approx. 30 - 45 seconds)
- This includes the development and sound design of specific information sounds
- Phase 1: Inspiration and research, moodboards, concept and storyboard.
- Phase 2: Production of the video and the further sound recordings
- Phase 3: Post-production for sound and video (image montage, sound design of interaction sounds)
The focus in the visual implementation lies in a narrative form, which conveys the experience atmospherically and experimentally. Basic knowledge in storytelling and video production is learned and applied. This includes the following skills and methods:
- Visual storytelling
- Technical image composition
- Lighting interiors
- Basic knowledge of image editing using Adobe Premiere Pro
The soundtrack is not primarily intended for emotionalisation, but generates material presence and should be used as an information channel.
Invisible functionality should also be communicated via sound design and made comprehensible.
Do not use spoken word or music.
Deliveries und Valuation 2018