Exhibition Milestones and Guidelines
Important dates and deadlines
8 March 2018, 09.00 - ca. 11.00
- "Informationsanlass" in big concert hall (Konzertsaal)
27 March 2018, 09.30 - 12.30
3 April 2018, 17.00
- Confirm requests and orders for exhibition locations, furniture, plinths, and iMacs
6 April 2018
- Deadline "AVZ Geräte" (detailed information will follow at "Informationsanlass")
17 April 2018 (at the beginning of Progress session 3, "Prototypes in use" (9.00-9.30) Viaduktraum 2A.05
- Exhibition Layout review on map / Rhino 3D presented to all mentors and students by Mirjam Steiner
2 May 2018
- Address list for invitations "Presse-Apéro" event on 14 June 2018
(Invitation to companies, industry contacts, offices, agencies and friends)
6 May 2018
- Pictures and abstracts for Leporello to send to your mentors, Mirjam Steiner and Joëlle Bitton.
Final approval with Joëlle Bitton.
9 May 2018, 17.00
28 May - 1 June 2018
- Start buildup exhibition with 2nd and 4th BA semester and 1st year MA students
1 June 2018, 14.00
- Briefing BA- and MA-finals for buildup exhibition
1 - 6 June 2018
- Buildup with BA- and MA-finals - Including over the Week-End (02 - 03.06)
4 June 2018, 14.00 - 17.00
- Visit through the exhibition with mentors
7 June 2018, 17.00 - 23.00
- Vernissage "Diplomausstellung", opening ZHdK exhibition at 17.00 // official opening IAD exhibition with Apéro at 17.30: Attendance is compulsory for all BA und MA students
8 - 22 June 2018
- Exhibition, open daily from 12.00 - 20.00
Plan for exhibition shifts "Betreuung Ausstellung" will be sent separately by Mirjam Steiner.
14 June 2018, 17.00 - ca. 20.00
- Presse-Apéro IAD
Exhibition viewing with 5 minutes presentations by each student, followed by an Apéro and Snacks.
Attendance is compulsory for all BA und MA students
14 June 2018, 17.00 - late
22 June 2018
(detailed information will follow)
- Exhibition Closure (other departments close earlier, on 20 June 2018)
25 June 2018, 10.00-17.00
- Exhibition take-down and clear-out work space student atelier 4K.22.
Attendance is compulsory for all BA- und MA- students
Delivery of photo material & abstracts (for exhibition publication / Leporello)
- one photos portrait or landscape format (300 dpi solution)
- full scale 3508 x 2480 PIXEL (can differ slightly)
- no black and white photos, colour code RGB
- picture format JPG
- no graphics or logos etc. on the photos except it applies directly to the product or project (but it shouldn't be on the forefront)
- no additional texts or letters on the photos (except the theme or work engages with the topic of text or linguistic)
- no detailed- close-up views, projects should be good recognisable!
- please take care of good contrast, brightness and light-shadow proportions
- no 3D-renderings oder sketches, photos should be real photos displaying the work!
- Idealy, the photos show the working prototype in interaction with people.
- abstract in English and German!!!
- Titel, subtitle, name of the student, mentors, contact mail (IMPORTANT: private e-mail- adress, not @zhdk.ch!)
- max. 345 signs (without space characters); 415 signs (with space characters)
- Guidelines apply for the German and English text version.
Exhibition Video (optional)
Project- or concept video
Video in higher quality, please submit in the following sizes:
- a) 1280 x 720
- b) 1920 x 1080
Dateityp: Quicktime (.mov)
Video Codec: H.264 compulsory (best quality)
Key frame rate: 25 FPS
Audio Codec: AAC (advanced audio codec)
Sample rate: 48 kH
Start with a black or white screen, fade in over 1 second.
Fade in sound from beginning of movie
If you are responsible for multiple aspects of the film (i.e you did everything yourself) simply list your credit under “Realization:”
Please credit anyone with specific roles in the project.
Show the IAD logoscreen at the end of the credits (server address)