Basic GUI FS16 Tech
This course is about building a basic understanding of graphical user interfaces and a basic expertise in building such interfaces with web technologies.
In several inputs, we will look into the history of the Internet, basic concepts, languages and frameworks for building web interfaces.
Right from the start we will begin with building ourselves a new web portfolio.
Here is some inspiration: http://www.awwwards.com
1. The Web (8.4)
- History of the Internet
- How the Web works.
- Basic Introduction to HTML and CSS.
- The CSS Box Model.
- Install the Atom Code Editor.
- Start with writing some HTML for your Portfolio.
- Start with writing some CSS to style your Portfolio.
2. Advanced Layouts (15.4)
- Advanced Introduction to HTML and CSS.
- Inline and Block Elements.
- Float Layouts.
Create a list of your projects with titles, images and descriptions.
3. Basic Logic (29.4)
- Differences to Processing (Compiled, Interpreted)
- Variables (var (Number, Array, ...) vs. int, float, ...)
- Similar Conditionals & Loops
- Working with jQuery.
Create a Calculator with jQuery.
4. Graphical User Interface Elements (13.5, 20.5)
- Basic Elements: Button, Text Field, Checkbox, Switch
- Advanced Elements: Progress Bar, Drop Down, Slider, Radio Group
- Navigational Elements: Toolbar, Tab Navigation, Accordion
- Basic Layouts: Content Card, Dialog, Formular
- Special Elements: Window, Tooltip
Start working on your personal GUI Catalog.
5. Deployment & Testing (27.5)
- FTP, @zhdk, Hostpoint, ...?
- Local Server => iPad, iPhone