First Steps in Grasshopper
Great introduction to Grasshopper: http://grasshopperprimer.com/ and https://parametrichouse.com/
A complete overview of Grasshopper Components can be found here: https://rhino.github.io/
Premise: design a definition to control height, top&bottom radius and wall thickness through sliders.
- set basepoint in rhino and connect to grasshopper
- create sliders for heith, top&bottom radius and wall thickness
- move (copy) the centerpoints for the all circles but the lower outer radius
- subtract the wallthickness for the inner circles
- create a loft (mind the order)
loft type (O) set to "straigt"
- create the bottom inner and outer surface with "boundary surface"
- join all surfaces
Exercise B: Working with attractors
Premise: Control the diameter of circles by the proximity to an object
- Create a "rectangular" grid
- control Size and Extend through sliders
- create circles on the intersection points (p)
- control the radius of the circles through the distance to a point set in rhino
use a division or mapping to adjust the scale
Use a mesh as input for generating a new form.
- connect a mesh from rhino
- "deconstruct mesh"
- "deconstruct face"
- read out the edges through "list items"